Tumbleweeds Coronavirus Statement
Tumbleweeds is closely monitoring the impact coronavirus is having on our community in the Tri-Cities and around the world. As always, our number one priority is protecting the well-being of employees and customers, and this principle guides each decision we make.
Currently, Tumbleweeds remains open to serve you Through our Drive-Thru and Mobile ordering platforms. Tumbleweeds is taking proactive steps to help ensure the safety in our restaurant in partnership with local and national health authorities, and as the situation continues to evolve, so will our policies.
Where can I get more information about this issue?
Information about COVID-19 can be found on the CDC website. www.cdc.gov
Is it safe to eat Tumbleweeds during coronavirus?
COVID-19 is not a foodborne illness according to the CDC. While it may be possible to become infected if an object that has the virus on it comes in contact with a person’s mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads. Additionally, before preparing or eating food, it is important to always wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds for general food safety.
What is Tumbleweeds doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
The health and safety of restaurant employees and customers is a top priority. In addition to our standard sanitation procedures, we are taking the following precautions:
- Increased the frequency of cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfection of high-touchpoint surfaces,
- Continued our high standards of promoting regular and thorough hand washing and reminding our team of our best practices for personal hygiene,
- Placing Hand Sanitizer Dispenser at all doors,
- Closed our dining room
- Recommend Drive-Thru, Online, and Mobile orders as preferred ordering method,
- Mandate the Use of Face mask for all employees who interface with customers
- Highly recommend Customers wear face mask when visiting our restaurant,
- Take employees temperatures at the start of each shift (beginning 6/1/20), and
- Required any employee who is ill to stay home from work.
As the situation changes our policy may change. We are sincerely thankful for your
continued support and look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the near future.